Thursday, May 3, 2007

Hello Everyone,

I'm sorry it's taken so long to write you all. I have been so busy. It feels as though I've been here for a month already. I am shocked at the lack of spare time however I guess I didn't come here for a vacation. I'm hoping the wireless Internet will be connected at our home base soon as I have written you all a description of my experience to date. I don't really want to rewrite everything so I will try to get to an Internet cafe that allows me to connect my laptop. Please be patient as I'm still getting used to everything. I'm totally culture shocked, it isn't safe to carry anything on you that is of value so travelling to a location with my laptop is quite the experience. Locals do not recommend it at all. So its all new to me.

I hope to connect with you all very soon. Other then that everything here is great. Very beautiful city. I will download pictures very soon so you can see what I'm talking about. I'm learning. Growing. Experiencing things I never imagined. Including SHARK DIVING. That was amazing. I was face to face with a 16 foot Great White Shark, you can't imagine what that is like until you experience it. It's wild. What an adventure. I plan to go Skydiving over Cape Town next. I think for my birthday that is the gift I will give myself.

The children are amazing and beautiful and give me more love then I could imagine. They are in awe of my strange hair cut, they pat it, smooth it then spike it back up....they laugh and giggle at the many facets of my weirdness. They love my enthusiasm and treat me like a HUMAN JUNGLE GYM. I am so tired after 4.5 hours of teaching and playing with these kids I need a Nap. Wow, mothers and teachers my hat is off to you. You amaze me. I have a new found respect for many things.

I'm challenging myself in many areas. I'm working very hard to become the Best Me Ever. So far I'm very proud of myself. I feel alive even in the midst of the overwhelming circumstances I sometimes find myself involved in. I think this trip will reward me in ways I cannot even comprehend at this point in time. I'm alone in a country that is considered very unsafe. For the very first time in my life I have an UNDERSTANDING of the FREEDOM we so proudly have in Canada and the US. I never understood until I arrived in a country where there is very little to no freedom. I'm grateful for the lesson. I never understood how incredible it is to live in a free country, to feel safe on a daily basis. I was naive, what can I say. I've already in 11 days learnt more then I expected to learn in 3 months. Wow!!!

So I will post my journal entries as soon as possible. So you can better understand my experience thus far. I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for your love and support. You are a blessing to my life and I will forever be indebted to those who helped me get here. I love you so dearly!!!!!!!!!!!!

Much Love & Joy,
bebe

No comments: